GEA in-line blending systems are
designed for the continuous highprecision mixing of soft drinks. The number of
the components to be mixed is not limited. Flow rates from 2 l/h are possible
in the concentrate lines.
Liquid flows are measured by accurate flow
meters (mass flow or electromagnetic flow meters) and transmitted to the
automatic system controller. The digital controller compares the measured
values in consideration of the preselected mixing ratios and actuates the
controlling devices in such a way that the preset values are exactly kept.
Shorttermed control deviations are completely compensated.
test vessels prevent any air occlusions and thus even any potential measuring
errors. Apart from that they permit the cyclical monitoring of the flow meters
for the concentrates.
Modulating valves and/or positive pumps with
frequency converter are used as controlling devices.
The in-line blending
system is followed by a carbonating system, wherein the desired CO2 content is
set. Essential product criteria like Brix value and conductivity are determined
and monitored on-line in the carbonator. If desired, an automatic correction
(e.g. of Brix deviations) can be carried out within the blending system, too.
Special features and advantages:
- Direct mixing of the products in the pipeline, no mixing tanks required.
- Small product quantities only are included in the system, quick
availability of the product.
- High accuracy by the use of precise flow meters.
- Cyclical monitoring of the flow meters during the running process.
- The digital controller is not subject to any fault caused by the signal
conversion and compensates any short-termed deviations completely.
- Easy handling.
- Compact factory-tested device, ready for connection.
- Can be combined with the GEA carbonating system